Thank you for visiting Holiday Essentials. We aim to provide you
with essential travel resource and tools to help you plan a spectacular holiday
20 steps to help you plan for a fantastic holiday
It’s time to take a break, you want to go on a holiday, what
should you do? Be it a family vacation, a romantic break or an adventurous holiday, it’s always good to plan.
Planning does not take away the joy of holiday. In fact, it will help reduce any travel related stress and
inconvenience, allowing you to concentrate on enjoying your holiday.
1. Decide on the type of holiday and the place you like to
2. Find out more about the location online by reading travel
reviews by other travellers.
3. Once you are sure about your decision, it’s time to look for
4. Search travel comparison sites, travel portals and travel
operators for the best deals.
5. It’s usually true that if you book your holiday in advance;
for example 3 to 6 months, you are more likely to get a better deal. This is especially so for air
6. Be flexible in your search for the best deals. Check out
different travel options such as different airport, different form of transportation, different cities and
accommodation. The alternatives could turn out to be better and cheaper.
7. Once you have narrowed your search on a couple of travel
operators, read about the company and their services in travel reviews sites.
8. After booking your holidays, the next phase of holiday
9. Print your bookings and put them together with your
essential travel documents.
10. Check if you need to apply for a visa at the place you are
11. Check with your doctor or go to the World Health
Organisation website to find out if you need any vaccination for the place you are
12. If you need transportation to the airport or train station,
make arrangement for a friend or a taxi to bring you there. Remember to arrange for transportation on your
13. Once that’s done, make list of things you want to bring for
14. Consider what your travel essentials are. Things like travel
plug adapter, travel pillows, protective money belt, money wallet, locks and many others could be
15. Making a list is also important when it comes to travelling
with children. Planning ahead on what you need to bring prevents any last minute hiccups and
16. Remember your medications, creams and travel toiletries. It
might not be easy to get these items at the holiday place.
17. Make sure that the security systems in the house are set up
before you travel. If possible, arrange for someone to look after your house when you are
18. Pack your luggage a day ahead; go through your checklist to
ensure that nothing is missed.
19. An essential point in your checklist should be making sure
that all the electricity and gas are switch off before you leave for your holiday.
20. Have a stress free holiday.
Click here for more Travel Tips and Travel Reviews